|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT SCOTT W. LUMPKIN|
Chief Master Sergeant Scott W. Lumpkin is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 17th Training Wing, Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas, a joint service, total force wing with operating training locations in Arizona, California, and Florida. Chief Lumpkin leads the wing's enlisted force and is the personal advisor to the wing commander on all issues concerning training, readiness, effective utilization and career progression of Airmen. He maintains liaison with and provides recommendations to the wing's group and squadron commanders, joint service commanders, key staff members, and senior enlisted in leading over 1,400 assigned personnel, and an annual average of more than 14,000 students, including 6,000 joint service personnel.
Chief Lumpkin is from Vista, California and entered the Air Force in 1989 as a Korean Cryptologic Linguist Specialist. His background includes numerous leadership roles at squadron, wing, numbered air force and headquarters levels. He has been stationed at locations in California, Maryland, Texas, Washington D.C, the Republic of Korea and the United Kingdom.
Prior to assuming his current position, Chief Lumpkin served as the Senior Enlisted Leader, Intelligence and Knowledge Development Directorate-Molesworth, United States Africa Command, Royal Air Force Molesworth, United Kingdom.
1990 Basic Korean Course, Defense Language Institute, Monterey, California
1990 Korean Cryptologic Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
1991 USAF Noncommissioned Officer (NCO) Preparatory Course, Osan AB, Korea
1992 Intermediate Korean Course, Yonsei University Korean Language Institute, Seoul, Korea
1996 Air Education and Training Command (AETC) Basic Instructor Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
1997 Associate of Arts degree in Intelligence Collection, Community College of the Air Force
1999 USAF NCO Academy, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2005 USAF Senior NCO Academy, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
2007 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
2008 Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
2009 Air Force Enterprise Management Seminar, University of Virginia Darden School of Business
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Correspondence Course, Joint Forces Staff College, Washington, D.C.
2010 Africa: U.S. Foreign Policy and Security, Alan L. Freed Associates, Washington, D.C.
2011 Senior Enlisted Intelligence Master Skills Course (Mentor), Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2011 Bachelor of Arts in Intelligence Studies, American Military University, Charles Town, West Virginia
2012 USAF Leadership Enhancement Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
1. February - March 1989, student, Basic Military Training School, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. March 1989 - March 1990, student, Basic Korean Course, Defense Language Institute, Monterey, California
3. March 1990 - August 1990, student, Korean Cryptologic Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
4. September 1990 - October 1992, Cryptologic Linguist Specialist, 6903rd Electronic Security Group, Osan AB, Korea
5. November 1992 - December 1994, Foreign Language Translator, 22nd Intelligence Squadron, Fort Meade, Maryland
6. December 1994 - December 1996, Cryptologic Linguist Specialist and Remote Tactical Airborne Signals Intelligence Systems Mission Manager, 303rd Intelligence Squadron, Osan AB, Korea
7. December 1996 - June 2000, Cryptologic Linguist Instructor and Instructor Supervisor, 316th Training Squadron, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
8. June 2000 - July 2006, Ground Mission Supervisor, Chief Korean Tactics Analysis Studies Element, Flight Chief, Chief Mission Management and Superintendent Current Operations, 303rd Intelligence Squadron, Osan AB, Korea
9. June 2006 - September 2007, Chief Enlisted Intelligence Force Development and Cryptologic Linguist Air Force Specialty Manager, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
10. October 2007 - August 2009, Superintendent, Air Force Information Operations Center, Lackland AFB, Texas
11. August 2009 - November 2009, Superintendent, 688th Information Operations Wing, Lackland AFB, Texas
12. December 2009 - February 2010, Chief Enlisted Manager, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Directorate, 24th Air Force, Lackland, AFB, Texas
13. February 2010 - March 2012, Senior Enlisted Leader, Intelligence and Knowledge Development Directorate-Molesworth (J2-M), US Africa Command, Royal Air Force Molesworth, United Kingdom
14. March 2012 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 17th Training Wing, Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor device and three silver oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Combat Readiness Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air and Space Campaign Medal
North Atlantic Treaty Organization Medal - Libya
1990 Honor Graduate, Korean Cryptologic Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
1991 John L. Levitow Award, Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, Osan AB, Korea
1995 Certified Language Analyst, National Security Agency Professionalization Program
1999 AETC Occupational Instructor certification and Master Instructor Badge
1999 John L. Levitow Award and Academic Achievement Award, USAF NCO Academy
2005 Distinguished Graduate and James M. McCoy Academic Achievement Award, USAF Senior NCO Academy
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant 1 December 2007
(Current as of Jul 2013)