|COLONEL MARK T. DAMIANO|
Colonel Mark T. Damiano commands the 17th Training Wing, Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas. A Joint Center of Excellence, Goodfellow is the home for the Department of Defense Fire Academy and multi-service intelligence technical training. The wing is responsible for training nearly 14,000 firefighting and intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance warriors annually for the United States Air Force, Army, Navy, Marine Corps, other government agencies, and allied nations. In addition to Goodfellow, Colonel Damiano has command responsibility for three geographically separated units in California, Arizona and Florida. He manages real property, equipment, supplies and contracts in excess of $962 million and has an annual operating budget exceeding $110 million. He also provides support to Army, Navy and Marine Corps on-base units, as well as seven other partner organizations and Angelo State University's Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps.
Colonel Damiano received his commission in 1989 from the United States Air Force Academy. He has served in various operational and staff assignments throughout the Air Force to include tours in Germany, California, Hawaii, Nebraska and the Pentagon. Colonel Damiano served as the Junior Military Assistant to both Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen and Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld. He also served as Commander of the 488th Intelligence Squadron at Royal Air Force Mildenhall in the United Kingdom and as Commander of the 707th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group at Fort George G. Meade. Colonel Damiano has extensive combat experience - including command of the 763rd Expeditionary Reconnaissance Squadron during Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom, and 320 combat hours on the RC-135 Rivet Joint.
1989 Bachelor of Science in International Affairs, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado
1990 Honor Graduate, Imagery Intelligence Officer Course, Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas
1994 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama
1995 Master of Science in Management, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, Michigan
2002 Distinguished Graduate, College of Naval Command and Staff, Naval War College, Newport R.I.
2002 Master of Arts in National Security and Strategy Studies, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
2007 Master of Arts in National Security Strategy, National War College, Fort Leslie J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. October 1990 - October 1991, Chief, Mission Planning, 7451st Tactical Intelligence Squadron, Metro
2. November 1991 - June 1992, Officer in Charge, Exploitation Team, 7451st Tactical Intelligence
Squadron, Metro Tango, Germany
3. June 1992 - June 1993, Plans and Programs Officer, 9th Intelligence Support Squadron, Beale Air
Force Base, California
4. June 1993 - June 1994, Operations Officer, 13th Intelligence Squadron, Beale Air Force Base,
5. June 1994 - June 1995, Target Systems Analyst, Joint Intelligence Center Pacific (JICPAC), Pearl
6. June 1995 - April 1996, Deputy Chief, Tactical Target Materials Division, JICPAC, Pearl Harbor,
7. April 1996 - October 1996, Intelligence Duty Officer, JICPAC, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
8. October 1996 - June 1997, Executive Officer to the Director of Operations, JICPAC, Pearl Harbor,
9. June 1997 - October 1999, Executive Support Officer to the Secretary of Defense, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Washington, D.C.
10. October 1999 - July 2001, Junior Military Assistant to the Secretary of Defense, Office of the
Secretary of Defense, Washington, D.C.
11. July 2001 - July 2002, Student, College of Naval Command and Staff, Newport, R.I.
12. July 2002 - June 2004, Director of Operations, 97th Intelligence Squadron, Offutt AFB, Nebraska
13. June 2004 - June 2006, Commander, 488th Intelligence Squadron, RAF Mildenhall, U.K.
14. June 2006 - June 2007, Student, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
15. June 2007 - June 2009, Chief, Military Intelligence Program Resources Division, Deputy Chief of
Staff, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
16. June 2009 - June 2011, Commander, 707th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group, Fort
George G. Meade, Maryland
17. June 2011 - present, Commander, 17th Training Wing, Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1989
First Lieutenant May 31, 1991
Captain May 31, 1993
Major September 1, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel April 1, 2004
Colonel September 1, 2008
(Current as of June 2012)