CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT CASY D. BOOMERSHINE
Chief Master Sergeant Casy D. Boomershine is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 17th Training Wing, Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas. Chief Boomershine leads the wing’s enlisted force and is the personal advisor to the wing commander on all issues concerning training, readiness, effective utilization and career progression of Airmen. She maintains liaison with and provides recommendations to the wing’s group commanders, joint service commanders, key staff members, and senior enlisted in leading more than 5,300 personnel. The wing is responsible for training more than 14,000 graduates in firefighting and intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance annually for the United States Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and other government agencies, and allied nations – with geographically separated units in Arizona, Florida and California.
Previously, she served as the Command First Sergeant at the Headquarters Air Mobility Command on Scott AFB, Illinois. She has also served as Air Mobility Command’s Aerospace Ground Equipment Major Command Functional Manager.
Chief Boomershine enlisted in the Air Force in February of 1995 and has had a diverse career serving in leadership positions in both aircraft maintenance and AGE maintenance as the B-1 Bomber Isochronal Inspection Section Chief, AGE Production Superintendent, AGE Munitions Trailer Maintenance Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, AGE Servicing and Dispatch NCO in Charge, additional duty Squadron Production Superintendent and in special duty assignments as a Military Training Instructor and as a First Sergeant. She has served overseas and has deployed in support of Operation NORTHERN WATCH and in support of Operation ENDURING FREEDOM.
2000 Airman Leadership School, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
2002 MTI Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2004 Associates Degree in Applied Science, AGE Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2004 Associates Degree in Applied Science, Instructor of Technology and Military Science, CCAF
2006 Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Education, Summa Cum Laude, Wayland Baptist University, Plainview, Texas
2007 NCO Academy, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2011 Senior NCO Academy, Maxwell, Ala.
2011 First Sergeant Academy, Barnes Center, Maxwell, Ala.
2013 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, National Defense University, Norfolk, Va.
2013 Associates Degree in Applied Science, Human Resource Management, CCAF
2015 Master of Arts in Management, Magnum Cum Laude, American Military University, Charles Town, W.Va.
2018 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
1. September 1995 – September 1998, AGE Apprentice, 354th Maintenance Squadron, Eielson AFB, Alaska
2. September 1998 – February 2002, AGE Journeyman, NCO in Charge, AGE Programs and Safety, 28th Maintenance Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
3. February 2002 – June 2004, MTI, 322nd Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
4. June 2004 - June 2006, MTI, Academics, 737th Training Support Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
5. June 2006 – July 2008, Floor Chief, AGE Heavy Maintenance, 7th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Dyess AFB, Texas
6. July 2008 - May 2009, NCO in charge AGE Servicing and Dispatch, and AGE Production Superintendent, 7th EMS, Dyess AFB, Texas
7. May 2009 - September 2009, NCO in charge AGE Munitions Trailer Maintenance, 7th EMS, Dyess AFB, Texas
8. September 2009 – January 2011, Section Chief, B-1 Isochronal Inspection Section, 7th EMS, Dyess AFB, Texas
9. January 2011 – September 2011, First Sergeant, 7th EMS, Dyess AFB, Texas
10. October 2011 – August 2014, First Sergeant, 81st Logistics Readiness Squadron, and 81st Security Forces Squadron, Keesler AFB, Miss.
11. August 2014 – June 2017, AGE MAJCOM Functional Manager, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
12. June 2017 – June 2020, Command First Sergeant, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
13. June 2020 – present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 17th Training Wing, Goodfellow, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award one silver and one bronze oak leaf cluster
Humanitarian Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
Air Force MTI Ribbon
First Sergeant of the Year, 2012, 81st Training Wing
NCO Academy Distinguished Graduate
Awarded Air Education and Training Command Master Instructor Badge
Awarded MTI Trainer “Black Rope”
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant – September 2017
(Current as of June 2020)