Colonel Matthew ‘4’ Reilman commands the 17th Training Wing, Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas. A joint center of excellence, Goodfellow is the home for the Department of Defense Fire Academy and multi-service intelligence technical training. The wing is responsible for training more than 14,000 firefighting and intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance warriors annually for the United States Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Space Force, Coast Guard and other government agencies and allied nations. In addition to Goodfellow, Colonel Reilman has command responsibility for four geographically-separated units in California, Arizona, Florida, and Virginia. He manages real property, equipment, supplies and contracts in excess of $1.5 billion and an annual operating budget exceeding $288 million. Colonel Reilman also provides support to Army, Navy and Marine Corps on-base units, as well as seven other partner organizations and the Angelo State University's Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps program.
Previously, Colonel Reilman served as the Director of Staff, Headquarters, U.S. Air Force, Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance and Cyber Effects Operations, Pentagon, Washington, D.C. He was responsible for integrating over 400 Airman across six directorates supporting a 73,000 person ISR and Cyber Effects Enterprise with a portfolio of $72 billion across the Air Force.
Colonel Reilman was commissioned as a second lieutenant upon graduation from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 2000. He completed intelligence officer training in 2001 and graduated from U.S. Air Force Weapons School in 2004. As a career intelligence officer, he commanded the 7th Intelligence Squadron at Fort George G. Meade, Maryland, as well as numerous operational and staff assignments ranging from the squadron to the Combatant Command level. He is a qualified Title 10 Deputy Commander for Defense Support to Civil Authorities operations and deployed to Columbia and South Carolina, in support of the South Carolina National Guard for Hurricane Florence relief efforts.
2000 Bachelor of Science, Political Science, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2001 Intelligence Officer Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2004 U.S. Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Master of Arts, Political Science, National Security Studies, American Military University, W. Va.
2009 Air Command and Staff College, Air University (Correspondence)
2013 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Master of Science in National Security Strategy, National War College, Ft McNair, Washington D.C.
2018 Title 10 Deputy Commander for Defense Support to Civil Authority Operations
1. August 2000 - June 2001, Student, 315th Training Squadron, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2. June 2001 - June 2003, Chief, Aircrew Intelligence Support, 9th Intelligence Squadron, Beale AFB, Calif.
3. June 2003 - June 2004, Intelligence Flight Commander, 9th Operations Support Squadron, Beale AFB, Calif.
4. June 2004 - December 2004, Student, 19th Intelligence Squadron, U.S. Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
5. June 2005 - July 2008, Chief, Intelligence Training; and Chief, Intelligence Standardization and Evaluation, 366th Operations Support Squadron, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
6. July 2008 - July 2010, Chief, Intelligence Training; and Assistant Director of Operations, Intelligence Weapons Instructor Course, 19 IS, U.S. Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
7. July 2010 - July 2012, Director of Operations and Collection Division Chief, 451st Intelligence Squadron, Royal Air Force Menwith Hill, United Kingdom
8. July 2012 - June 2013, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. June 2013 - June 2014, Chief, AF/A2 Action Group, Headquarters Air Force, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
10. June 2014 - July 2016, Commander, 7th Intelligence Squadron and Tailored Access Office liaison for U.S. Cyber Command Operations, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
11. July 2016 - June 2017, Student, National War College, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
12. June 2017 - June 2019, Chief, Intelligence Operations Division, North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command J2 Peterson AFB, Colo.
13. June 2019 - October 2019, Deputy Director for ISR and Cyber Effects Readiness and Talent Management, AF/A2/6, Headquarters Air Force, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
14. November 2019 – Present, Director of Staff, Deputy Chief of Staff for ISR and Cyber Effects Operations, AF/A2/6, Headquarters Air Force, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2017 - June 2019, Chief, Intelligence Operations Division, North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command J2, Peterson AFB, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 28, 2000
First Lieutenant May 31, 2002
Captain June 1, 2004
Major January 1, 2010
Lieutenant Colonel, December 1, 2013
Colonel May 1, 2018
(Current as of September 2021)