Chief Master Sergeant Lavor A. Kirkpatrick is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 17th Training Wing, Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas. Chief Kirkpatrick leads the wing’s enlisted force and is the personal advisor to the wing commander on all issues concerning training, readiness, effective utilization and career progression of Airmen. He maintains liaison with and provides recommendations to the wing’s group and squadron commanders, joint service commanders, key staff members, and senior enlisted in leading nearly 4,100 personnel. The wing is responsible for training more than 14,000 firefighting and intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance warriors annually for the United States Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and other government agencies, and allied nations – with geographically separated units in Arizona, Florida and California
Previously, he served as the Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Secretary of the Air Force Legislative Liaison Directorate at Headquarters Air Force. Chief Kirkpatrick was Deputy Chief of the Force Structure Branch in Legislative Liaison and served as special legislative advisor to the Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force.
Chief Kirkpatrick is a career geospatial intelligence analyst with experience in support of Operations Allied Force, Northern Watch, Southern Watch, Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, New Dawn, and Odyssey Dawn. He is a graduate of the Legislative Fellowship and worked as a personal staffer for United States Senator Mark Begich of Alaska during the 113th Congress.
2001 Airmen Leadership School, Beale AFB, Calif.
2003 Communications Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Park University, Mo.
2009 Non Commissioned Officer Academy, Kapaun Air Station, Germany
2011 Graduate, Executive Leadership Certificate, Notre Dame and Mendoza College of Business, Notre Dame, Ind.
2011 Air Force Senior Non Commissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Air Force Legislative Fellowship, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Graduate, Legislative Studies Certificate, Georgetown University and Government Affairs Institute, Washington, D.C.
2018 Air War College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Montgomery, Ala.
1. August 1998 – April 1999, Student, Photographic Interpretation Course, 315th Intelligence Squadron, Goodfellow AFB, Tex.
2. April 1999 – Dec 2003, Imagery Mission Supervisor, Deployable Ground Station-2, 13th Intelligence Squadron, Beale AFB, Calif.
3. December 2003 – September 2006, Instructor Supervisor, Imagery Analysis Apprentice Course, 315th Training Squadron, Goodfellow AFB, Calif.
4. September 2006 – September 2007, Instructor, Intelligence Officer Course, 315th Training Squadron, Goodfellow AFB, Tex.
5. September 2007 – October 2008, NCO In Charge, Operations Training, 607th Air Intelligence Squadron, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
6. October 2008 – August 2009, Assistant NCO In Charge, ISR Operations Division, 603rd Air and Space Operations Center, Ramstein AB, Germany
7. August 2009 – November 2011, Geospatial Intelligence Functional Manager, United States Air Forces Europe Intelligence Directorate (A2), Ramstein AB, Germany
8. November 2011 – June 2013, Squadron Superintendent, 12th Reconnaissance Squadron, Beale AFB, Calif.
9. June 2013 – December 2014, Enlisted Legislative Fellow, Secretary of the Air Force Legislative Liaison, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
10. December 2014 – July 2017, Senior Enlisted Advisor, Secretary of the Air Force Legislative Liaison, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. July 2017 – June 2018, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. June 2018 – present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 17th Training Wing, Goodfellow AFB, Texas.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant – December 2014
(Current as of June 2018)