HomeNewsroomArt

Art

Making of Goodfellow
The official opening of the San Angelo airport on Jan. 24th,1929 brought civil and military aviation to the city, as student pilots from Kelly and Brooks Fields in San Antonio often used the airport during cross-country training. The old airport lay southeast of the city along San Antonio Highway, across from the present site of Lawnhaven cemetery. (Courtesy photo used with permission)

Download Image: Full Size (0.33 MB)
Tags:
Photo by: Dr. John Garrett |  VIRIN: 160106-F-FF000-001.JPG