Drive Safely to Work Week
By Amy Grantham, 17th Training Wing Safety Office
/ Published October 02, 2015
GOODFELLOW AIR FORCE BASE, Texas --
It sounds funny, I know, Drive Safely to Work Week, what are they talking about? We drive to work safely every day. However, 52 percent of accidents that people are involved in happen within 5 miles of their home and 62 percent are within 10 miles of their home.
This year’s Drive Safely to Work Week is Oct. 5 to Oct. 9. The theme is Plan Ahead.
• Monday’s theme is making a plan
Having a plan can improve safety
• Tuesday’s theme is driving outside your comfort zone
This includes driving out of your normal routine, new location or different vehicle
• Wednesday’s theme is plan ahead to have a clear head
Wednesday focus is on distractions which range from medication, alcohol to fatigue and emotional stress
• Thursday’s theme is navigating the road to becoming a mature driver
There are things that can be done to help sharpen driving skills at any age
• Friday’s theme is planning ahead for family road safety
As safe driving week wraps up on Friday, focus will be on plans to keep members safe on the road.
For more information, download the free toolkit at http://trafficsafety.org/drivesafelyworkweek/