The Military Housing Office (MHO) staff is here to assist you in locating both on and off base housing (temporary or permanent).  We can provide you with important information regarding your housing option and the local community to ensure that you have a smooth PCS experience.  Below you will find important information from the GAFB MHO.

Important:  Your status upon arrival at GAFB will determine your housing options.

If you will be at GAFB in a TDY status, you will need to make reservation with Billeting at 325-654-3332 or DSN 477-5860.

Pipeline Students (non-prior service), will be required to live in the pipeline dorms.  If you arrive at Goodfellow with authorized dependents, or get married enroute, you may be allowed to live off base or privatized housing. Contact MHO to verify your options.

Prior Service Students in PCS status and without dependents must speak with Dorm Management to determine whether being assigned a dorm room is appropriate.

Accompanied Students:

a.     Those with dependents established on their orders will draw BAH.  BAH will start at the GAFB rate once you inprocess.

Those who may have acquired dependents in transit will need to establish their BAH entitlement.  Stop by the Military Personnel flight & Finance Office in building 430 with marriage/birth certificates to enroll dependents in DEERS.

Contact Information for Military Housing Office:

MHO Customer Service – (325)654-3498  DSN 477-3498

Housing Chief – (325)654-5539

Housing Program Manager – (325)654-4618

Privatized Housing Program Manager – (325)654-3165

Fax – (325)654-5538

Email: 17ces.ceh.housingoffice@us.af.mil


Bldg 140
460 Kearney Blvd
Goodfellow AFB, TX 76908
Hours: Mon-Fri – 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. CST

Privatized Housing Info click here


Newcomer Instructions:

1. The first thing that the dorm management team needs from an in-processing member is a completed dorm assignment worksheet and a copy of the member’s orders.

2. Once the dorm assignment worksheet is completed, the member’s sponsor must come to the housing office bldg 140, to pick up a keycard to the member’s dorm room.

3. The sponsor is to verify that the keycard works and ensure the room in general is in working order.

4.  Once the keycard and the room have been inspected, the sponsor will notify the housing office of the outcome of the inspection.

5. The member will attend the first dorm briefing upon arrival to Goodfellow AFB. (Dorm briefings are held Mondays and Thursdays at 1400 in the housing office).

6. The member will have one week from the dorm briefing to return the inventory sheet whereupon the condition of the room has been evaluated and annotated.


Military Housing Office
Phone (325) 654-3498
DSN 477-3498
Fax (325) 654-5538
DSN 477-5538
460 Kearney Blvd
Goodfellow AFB, TX 76908
Hours: Mon-Fri, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Unaccompanied Housing
Phone (325) 546-3498
DSN 477-3498
Fax (325) 654-5538
DSN 477-5538
460 Kearney Blvd

Goodfellow AFB, TX 76908
Hours: Mon-Fri, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Privatized Housing
Air Force Housing


What housing allowances am I eligible?

Basic Allowance for Housing is based on assigned location, rank, and dependent status.  For additional information, please contact your local Financial Management Office.

Where will my children go to school?

The school district boundaries for Goodfellow Family Housing include Glenmore Elementary, Glenn Middle School, and Central High School.  Transfers are commonly accepted within SAISD.

What is housing privatization and how does it affect me?

Housing Privatization (HP) is a Department of Defense (DoD) initiative to continue providing quality housing for Airmen and their families. HP shifts the operations and maintenance responsibility of family housing in the continental U.S. and Alaska to the private sector whose expertise it is to build and manage housing, allowing Airmen to focus on the mission.

With this partnership, the Air Force and its private partners can provide new and/or renovated homes with modern amenities for Airmen and their families in communities where they choose to live. Rent under privatized housing is paid by allotment of your Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH). Unlike housing in the local community, rent for a privatized home may not exceed the "with dependent" BAH rate designated for your rank.

For more information about privatized housing, contact the local Military Housing Office.

How do I pay rent in privatized housing?

If you are here for a minimum of 4 months, you may be able to sign a tenant lease agreement; you will be able to terminate the lease with your PCS orders.  You pay rent either in person each month or via an allotment that comes directly out of your pay, using the MAC allotment system.

Who is eligible to live in privatized housing?

Target tenants are active duty military and their families assigned to the installation.  If occupancy falls below expected levels, housing will open up to a priority placement list of Other Eligible Tenants to include unaccompanied active duty military, Guard/Reserve, Federal Civil Service Employees, Retired Military and Fed Service, DoD contractors and lastly the general public.