NEWS RELEASE- Goodfellow moves to Tier 2 Base Access
17th Training Wing Public Affairs
/ Published March 27, 2020
GOODFELLOW AIR FORCE BASE, Texas --
Beginning at 8 p.m., March 27, Goodfellow AFB will initiate Tier 2 base access further increasing limitations for installation access. The base has been in Health Protection Condition (HPCON) Charlie since March 26.
Under Tier 2 the following guidelines will be implemented:
- The North Gate will be closed until further notice, effective March 27 at 8 p.m.
- Mission essential personnel, who are integral to mission continuation, and on-base residents and their dependents will be granted access to the installation through the south gate.
- Mission essential services such as AAFES, Commissary, and Dining Facility Employees will use their common access cards or defense biometric identification cards to access entry through the south gate.
- Active duty and their dependents are authorized temporary access to the AAFES and Commissary facilities to purchase necessities.
- Visitor passes will only be granted for official business and require group commander approval.
- All Veterans Identification Card (VIC) holders and military retirees are temporarily restricted from base access unless for official business.
- All mission essential contractor personnel must enter through the commercial vehicle inspection area.
“We understand moving to Tier 2 for the base changes how we operate. These important measures are being taken to ensure we are safeguarding the health and safety of our Airmen, their families and the community from the continuing spread of COVID-19. We appreciate your flexibility during this time and understand these decisions affect you directly. The health and safety of our Airmen, their families and community are at the forefront of every decision we are making,” said Colonel Andres Nazario, 17th Training Wing commander.
In this rapidly changing environment, information will be provided with transparency and as quickly as possible.
There are currently zero positive cases of COVID-19 on Goodfellow Air Force Base and two confirmed positive cases in San Angelo. We continue to urge everyone to use proper hygiene practices to limit the spread of the disease.
For the most current and up to date information on COVID-19 visit https://www.goodfellow.af.mil/Covid-19-Information/.