GOODFELLOW AIR FORCE BASE, Texas --
The Army & Air Force Exchange Service is making sure Goodfellow AFB Airmen and military families can get the critical products they need while maintaining physical distancing in a safe environment during the COVID-19 pandemic.
For contactless shopping, ShopMyExchange.com is always open.
Personnel can get fresh, to-go meals at Goodfellow Exchange restaurants. Signs posted throughout the facilities remind shoppers to keep a safe distance between themselves and others.
AAFES is encouraging the use of credit or debit cards to limit the handling of cash, which can transmit bacteria and viruses. This protects both shoppers and associates, as do the acrylic shields recently installed at Exchange registers throughout the installation. The Exchange has also provided reusable, washable face masks for all Goodfellow store associates.
“The Exchange is honored to support the Goodfellow military community,” Goodfellow Exchange General Manager Patricia Tinker said. “As long as Airmen are serving us, the Exchange is serving them.”
Additional measures include thorough and frequent store cleanings, such as:
• Disinfecting customer service and sales points multiple times daily at all facilities.
• Halting product sampling.
• Routinely cleaning all facilities and restrooms.
For increased safety for shoppers and associates, Exchange associates are limiting contact with merchandise as much as possible, including scanning purchases from a distance with a scanning gun and having shoppers bag their purchases.
At its restaurants, the Goodfellow Exchange has:
• Increased hand washing frequency for associates.
• Increased frequency of cleaning/disinfecting customer touchpoints.
• Closed dining rooms at command request and is offering take-out only.
• Removed condiments from dining rooms.
• Eliminated use of personal cups.
“The safety and well-being of Goodfellow shoppers and associates are our top priorities,” Tinker said. “We are ‘family serving family.’”